About Us

My photo
Shawn, originally New Yorker, transported to Tennessee for a few years, chased the love of his life in Iowa, only to move her back to Tennessee. Rachael, small town Iowa girl that traveled the globe to find her love in Tennessee. Little did we know how much our lives would change when Little Miss Magdalyn Joy entered the world. Join our journey through the unknown of Maggie's medical issues, known truths of God, and the nuts and bolts of life.

11.27.2012

Good (and not-so-good) distractions


Things have been going fairly well with the little lady.  Then again, I've had a few distractions (named Ava, Myka, and Ella :)) that have gotten my mind off all our issues for a little bit.  My older sister and her family have been here and are staying until next week when we head back to Iowa.  My dad and youngest sister were here over Thanksgiving as well.  It has been such a blessing having them all around.  Maggie definitely lit up to my dad's voice.  Then again, my dad's voice carries so much (huh, where do I get that from?!?!) I'm surprised Maggie can't hear it from Iowa still.
She has been thriving with the little girls around too.  And, the best part is that my sister has been helping me and motivating me to get the house deep cleaned!!  I can't wait for us to get Christmas decorations out this year, but the house has been in serious need of attention first.  Brooke has also helped navigate some cooking ideas.  Works kind of nice only cooking every other night.  And, Tyler has been helping Shawn with some of the things on my Honey Do list!!  What blessings all around.
The not so good distractions...in the midst of the crazy stop and go traffic in Knoxville on Wednesday, I managed to not get stopped quite fast enough and put the Honda out of commission for good.  The brakes need a bit too much attention after being slammed on so quickly.  I was close to clearing the car in front of me as I tried to get to the left, but didn't quite make it.  Thank goodness that otherwise it wasn't that bad and nobody was hurt.  Maggie slept right through it.  Just in case, I implemented some of the neuro-facial processing that I have acquired.  Dad and Audrey were with me by that point too, which was good for me to hold it together.  Surprisingly, I was quite emotionless.  Mostly because it's just one more thing.  Not surprising for our life at this point.  The family in the car in front of us were very pleasant and gracious.
And then Thursday came, and I managed to throw our gluten-free, dairy-free, GMO free, sugar-free, beautiful hard loved creation of a pie all over the floor.  We had to laugh, otherwise I would have cried.  (that's one of my family's mantras for life)  Not much of what was coming out of the kitchen from my sister and myself was turning out so fabulous, and the pie was one of the best things we had going for us.  We couldn't bring ourselves to clean it up, so we left it there all over the floor for a few hours.  Everyone got a few laughs at my expense and stupidity.
Needless-to-say, Maggie hasn't quite had all my undivided attention.  The positive is that she has definitely been getting attention!!



No comments:

Post a Comment