About Us

My photo
Shawn, originally New Yorker, transported to Tennessee for a few years, chased the love of his life in Iowa, only to move her back to Tennessee. Rachael, small town Iowa girl that traveled the globe to find her love in Tennessee. Little did we know how much our lives would change when Little Miss Magdalyn Joy entered the world. Join our journey through the unknown of Maggie's medical issues, known truths of God, and the nuts and bolts of life.

6.17.2013

PA and The Family Hope Center

There is no doubt in my mind that God directed us to this place as the next step for Maggie's success.  However, I am fairly confident the enemy (Satan) has been trying to derail it.  He has done a decent job at taking up residency in my heart as we've worked through some issues.
Up until early last week, we weren't even sure if Shawn was going to be able to come and if he could come then he may have had to fly home early for a show.  At any rate, Momma was not thrilled, and the saying "if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" was in full force.  Thankfully that was resolved and he's with us for the whole trip.  Then we weren't sure about which vehicle to take, as the car I've been driving needs some attention.  Then the screaming/crying/teething ordeal made me dread going on a long car ride and leaving her during the days.  It just seemed one thing after another.  And yesterday morning, I woke up hateful (wait...let me correct that...I woke up in a great mood, but when it took forever to get us all out of the house I was NOT a pleasant person).  Ironically enough, Sunday's sermon was about anger.  Obviously I missed half of it tending to a crying baby.  Might have to get that one on CD.
Anyway, with all the little things, the thought had crossed my mind a few times over the past couple of weeks, "is satan trying to stop us from going?".  At lunch, while I was still very short with my husband, I went to pay for my salad and it was $6.66.  It was a clear reminder to me that Satan loves my pissy attitude and would love nothing more to see Shawn and I at odds with one another.  Finally, I made the conscious effort to pull it together and get a grip on my bad attitude.  Not always an easy task.
So, we made it here.  There was a mess up with room when we got here but we got it straightened out.  This is my 3rd or 4th time trying to get this post typed, as it keeps getting deleted It's all the little things.  Seriously Satan...just makes me want to cling to The Lord more and stand firmer in my convictions.
I think we are here and good to go though.  Our gracious friends, (2 of the girls) that we stay with on our way to CT came over to watch Maggie in the hotel room while we are at the conference.  So lucky to have them close!
And now for the conference preview... Basically Shawn and my brains will be bombarded with so much information about the brain that we will be lucky if they don't explode.  As the girls and I were scoping the hotel out, we caught a glimpse of the registration area.  Shawn and I each have a binder with our names on them and they were at least 1 1/2-2 inches thick, full of paper.  Wow wee!  That's a lot of info!
They require every parent to attend this conference prior to starting their program.  By the end of the week, we should be able to identify what part of Maggie's brain is "injured" and at what age she is operating, physically, developmentally, cognitively, etc.  Then we will also learn what the brain needs to grow and develop optimally.  I am hoping we will walk away with some good tools that we will be able to implement right away to try to awaken her brain.  We will also schedule her a 2 day appointment within the next couple of months.  That is when the professionals will assess her fully and roll out a Maggie tailored plan!
I've been told I will go to bed dreaming about the brain.    We have a handful of other "special" moms awaiting my feedback.  I'm sure we'll have plenty of info to share over the next couple of days.
Say a prayer for Abbie, Jaymi, and Mags, that they would have a wonderful time together!  And that Shawn and I would be attentive and have an ease of understanding, connection, and come up with practical ways for application!

No comments:

Post a Comment