About Us

My photo
Shawn, originally New Yorker, transported to Tennessee for a few years, chased the love of his life in Iowa, only to move her back to Tennessee. Rachael, small town Iowa girl that traveled the globe to find her love in Tennessee. Little did we know how much our lives would change when Little Miss Magdalyn Joy entered the world. Join our journey through the unknown of Maggie's medical issues, known truths of God, and the nuts and bolts of life.

10.13.2012

Celebrating small victories

This week Maggie has been getting much stronger with her neck control.  Still doesn't hold it up regularly, but she is definitely getting stronger with it!  Yeah!  Her grasp is also getting stronger when she holds our fingers.
One medicine down...today was the last dose of the antibiotic.  Yippee..still somewhat disappointed that we started it in the first place, but oh well.  At least we are done with it now.  Only 6 meds left.  (maybe, just maybe, there will be a day when she doesn't have to take anything...I can dream, right)
Puking continues (not celebrating that), but she held 5 feeds down today, so we can celebrate that.  I was thinking we might be kicking this puking thing...only to get covered in it!  Not holding my breath.  We were down to morning and evening vomits earlier this week and then went back to 4-5 a day.  What fun, what fun!
We can celebrate wet diapers.  I did do a crazy momma party dance over a couple of wet diapers today.  I was excited because I haven't been seeing wet diapers, just runny poo (I know TMI), but I was quite excited that she might be a little more hydrated than the rest of this week.  She should be having a lot more wet ones, but we will take what we can get.
I thought there was more to celebrate, but can't think of them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment