About Us

My photo
Shawn, originally New Yorker, transported to Tennessee for a few years, chased the love of his life in Iowa, only to move her back to Tennessee. Rachael, small town Iowa girl that traveled the globe to find her love in Tennessee. Little did we know how much our lives would change when Little Miss Magdalyn Joy entered the world. Join our journey through the unknown of Maggie's medical issues, known truths of God, and the nuts and bolts of life.

10.01.2012

It's been a fairly uneventful day in the hospital world. Maggie slept hard by the time we got settled into a room. She woke up pleasant (like most mornings) and seemed not too bad. I keep raking my brain trying to figure out what was different. They gave her some fluids last night and a bit of anti-throw up medicine, but nothing should have made that big of turn around. She still wasn't eating the greatest, but we could chalk that up to fluids. I marked some suspected seizure episode stuff, but nothing since we've been here was quite the condition of yesterday.
They did see some subclinical (only noticeable on the EEG) seizures. The bummer and complexity is that they have moved from originating in lower left occipital lobe to starting in right lower parietal. Grr.... One more mystery.
And...she has to have an MRI tomorrow. It is scheduled for 2pm, but they hope to get her in sooner. Unfortunately they have to give her general anesthesia. This has been a huge hang up for me for a while now. I'm sure it will all be fine, but I can't deny the fear and what-ifs that loom over the idea of our sweet little bug being completely out. Prayers appreciated for a peace for me with this.
Late this afternoon she started the vomiting again and hasn't held much down. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the cycle.... Good mornings, physically fall apart afternoon/evenings. I did mark a few more episodes this evening as well.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "oh my... Look and those beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. Everyone can't help but fall in love with her!
We did move rooms tonight. As we were moving, I ran into quite a few faces we already knew and even have a repeat nurse from our last stay her. Another answer to pray is the neurologist is one I liked from before...go figure, he is from Iowa! And, today we found out that the resident is from Iowa too! Since the neurologists round for a week starting on Mondays and it was about 6 weeks since we were last here, I knew that was something that could either make or break our stay. Praise God it was one I like...just pray if it's re same cycle that we are out of here by next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment