About Us

My photo
Shawn, originally New Yorker, transported to Tennessee for a few years, chased the love of his life in Iowa, only to move her back to Tennessee. Rachael, small town Iowa girl that traveled the globe to find her love in Tennessee. Little did we know how much our lives would change when Little Miss Magdalyn Joy entered the world. Join our journey through the unknown of Maggie's medical issues, known truths of God, and the nuts and bolts of life.

10.03.2012

Yesterday ended up being a rather busy day. She went for her MRI earlier than scheduled, which was good. It's am-zing how fears can be crippling. Throughout the morning my mind would wandering and dwell in the what-ifs, I'd tear up, and then remind myself that it's not truth for the moment. I was amazed at the verse Proverbs 29:25 and how God used that for remind me that she is in his hands. The most difficult part was giving her a kiss and watching them carry her away. However, they wheeled her back up and told me she did great, didn't have any troubles. Seeing those bright little eyes was such a blessing.(granted, we'll never really know if my other concerns about anesthesia are truly correlated or not)
We had visitors yesterday. Some Miss Heather and Mr. Travis and their kids, friends of Shawn's from when he was on team that are faithful visitors when we are in Nashville. And a familiar face from Greeneville, Mr. Chuck hung out for a while. It's kind of nice when other Daddy's have training over here and can come visit. I saw some Titan players around the building, but they didn't specifically visit. However the gal with her guitar came by and sang her song again to Maggie.
And, the doctors gave us some results of the MRI. There were lots of details provided. I'm still processing some of it, and it will probably take a few more conversations before I have a good grasp on it all. So forgive me if I go back on any of this info later. The results were definitely abnormal, and there are a few different things. She appears to have excessive blood vessels in the subdural space (area above/outside of the brain). And in regards to that, it appears she has bleeding on both the left and right sides. And, the blood shows these "traumas" took place at different times. So, go ahead a google it. Yep, number one cause of these things, abuse and shaken baby. My sister and Shawn and I speculated if DHS/CPS has to get involved at all. I know nothing has been done to her intentionally and the blessing is she has basically always been with me or Shawn. If something is initiated from this, this Momma will have major issues. there are much bigger fish to fry than a Mommy and Daddy already doing everything possible to help sweet little thing. The other thing is she is such an easy baby that they would know she is way less susceptible to to anything. That stressor better not be added!
Another thing from her MRI showed something similar to a stroke in regards to the tissue connecting the hemispheres. I quickly looked back at a message from a friend and saw that t was similar to their medical results with going down the gluten sensitivity road.
Seems there was something else with the MRI, but I can't remember right now.
She was sleepy and a snuggle bug with me until she had to get back in the helmet. Love that!
The episodes I've been noticing have been confirmed on the EEG as seizures, as well the subclinical seizures. So they did put her back o the Clonazepam to try to get as back to where we were when we left the hospital last time.
Oh...and we started an antibiotic for what 'could be' the start of an UTI.
I did have confirmation that everything about what is going on is rare. None of the pieces add up. Last night they had to draw lots of blood to run a variety of tests.
And, she's been on IV fluids so I have not worried about pushing feeding that much with everything, but early morning she did take in quite a bit, only for it to all be thrown up. The vomiting continues, and we don't know any more than we did before. In fact, given the new findings that don't relate, we know less than we did before. As of right now, we are still both in ok spirits, but Thursday is coming and that's usually my rough day. Time to rest up some more- the journey continues!

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who knows you knows you are probably one of the best possible mothers out there! Praying that nothing more is thrown at you and that with each passing day both Maggie and Mommy and Daddy stay strong and remember how much they are loved by everyone around them. I wish I could give you a hug but I'll have to settle for telling you that I love you and I'll be there at the drop of a hat if you want me to be...

    ReplyDelete